Thursday, 30 October 2008

Progress

Yesterday we had a tutorial with Kit and it was pretty reassuring to see that everybody was at the same sort of point as me, I seriously thought I was lagging behind and people were miles away in the sketchbooks.

Points I took from the tutorial:
  1. Produce more sketches from the Poole trip to back up my work that's in my sketchbook.
  2. Try and work outside of my book - larger scales, experiment on different surfaces etc...
Overall, I got a broader view of what each project is and what I need to be doing. So far I've been planning on what kind of editorial illustration I want to produce; something for a book? A magazine? Or maybe a national newspaper...

I need to experiment with my images in photoshop and illustrator and from there i can actually decide what context to place my edititorial illustration.

No comments: